Dog Health Questions - Canine Dog Diarrhea Causes
Canine Dog Diarrhea is usually caused by one of the following :
- Eating something totally unsuitable, such as garbage or candy
- Eaten too fast
- Eaten too much
- Exercised too soon, or too vigorously, after a meal
- Has become overly excited or nervous
- Has diarrhea as a result of another illness
Dog Health Information - Treatment of Canine Dog Diarrhea
Canine Dog Diarrhea is usually just a passing inconvenience which disappears after a short period of time - between 12 and 24 hours. During this period ensure that the dog is rested from any food or large amounts of water so that the intestinal tract can ease and settle down.
Dog Health Info - When to Consult the Veterinary Surgeon
Canine Dog Diarrhea can be a symptom of a serious illness and a Veterinary Surgeon should be consulted if any of the following conditions apply or as the owner you are instinctively concerned about the health of your dog:
- Condition has lasted for more than 24 hours
- The dog shows signs of pain, breathing difficulties or signs of another illness or symptoms such as vomiting
- Blood in the diarrhea
- Diarrhea accompanied by vomiting
Dog Health Advice
We hope that the canine health information and dog health advice has been of some assistance. But please remember that if you are in doubt about your Dog's Health please consult your Canine Health Specialist.
Online Encyclopaedia of Common Dog Health Problems
The sole purpose of the Online Encyclopaedia of Common Dog Health Problems is as a reference manual to provide useful information to dog and puppy owners. It is not intended to be used to diagnose or treat sick dogs or as a substitute for obtaining professional veterinary advice. Please remember that if you are in any doubt about your Dog's Health please consult your Canine Veterinary Specialist immediately.